Grant Writing Classes & Research Tools
The following are classes/courses that are offered in South Carolina and around the country:
- Various courses leading to Certified Grants Specialist, Reviewer and Consultant designations by Research Associates of Irmo, SC.
NOTE: Inclusion of training programs on this list does not indicate official DAODAS endorsement.
Here are some of the research tools available to help you find grant opportunities on your own:
- Prevention Science.Com, operated by the Channing Bete Company, has added a new funding information component that is updated weekly. This site has many ATOD-related opportunities.
- Join Together On-Line’s website has a page on Funding News. In addition, visitors may subscribe to daily or weekly JTO Direct funding alerts by e-mail.
- The Foundation Center has excellent search tools at its website. In addition, the Center sells exhaustive directories and provides free newsletters. Finally, the Foundation Center maintains a network of Cooperating Collections throughout the United States. The Center provides each Cooperating Collection with an extensive collection of information and publications for grant-seeking nonprofit organizations and individuals. The Anderson County Library, Charleston County Library, Community Foundation of Greater Greenville, and the South Carolina State Library are Cooperating Collections in South Carolina.
- The South Carolina State Library publishes the South Carolina Foundation Directory to assist South Carolinians in their search for funds to support the programs and projects of their organizations. More information is available at the library site.
- The Grantsmanship Center has a page on Federal Register announcements. For alumni of its training programs, the Center offers extensive tools, including a grants forum, as well as various grant writing and research tools.
- Grants.gov allows organizations to electronically identify and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov is the single access point for more than 900 grant programs offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies.